Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vellore (Tamil Nadu)

On 2nd October 2010 me and my family do not want to stay in home. Previous night we were discussing to some nearby place resort within 20 - 30 kms and return back. One of my friend told me lets go to Vellore as he has some work and we can do the sight scene. I was not aware what to see in Vellore. Any ways searched in internet and found Vellore fort, Golden Temple and few monuments of Tippu Sultan are places to visit. So I thought why to start early. I usually start my trips around 4.00 AM. This time I thought to start by 8.00 AM.

To my surprise, getting ready and packing every for the baby it was nearly 10.00 AM. I was thinking what sight scene we will do now. Everything will get close by evening. But lets go atleast for a pleasant drive. So I started from my house at 11.00 AM. Taken the NH4 route (Kolar road) because from house there is a direct route to join NH4 after K.R.Puram so I avoided all the traffics. Maintaining a good speed of 100 - 120 KM/Hr. But there are lot of diversions so be careful while driving. Also take care with the trucks or lorry and the state buses. For all this I have slow down the my car so the average speed was 60 km/hr with one small break because my baby's diaper has to get changed. I thought that we will put our first break to some hotel near the Karnataka Andhra border. So as planned I reached the border around 1.00 PM and on the right hand side I found a hotel (Shanti Sagar Pure Veg). I stopped there and decided to have lunch there. The hotel was neat and clean and having childrens play area. We freshned ourself. My daughter (1 yr old) was playing in the children play area.

We ordered the food and the taste was good. By 2.00 PM we started again and reached Chittor by 3.00 PM and Vellore by 4.00 PM. We parked the car in the Old Bus stand. The vellore fort was opposite to the bus stand. We went to Vellore fort. As it was 2nd Oct so Museum was closed. As recently Ayodhya verdict took place the Masjid was also closed. I saw that the fort was an important place and it can be a very good tourist place but it is not maintained now-a-days. There is Tippu and Hyder Palace current conquered by Indian Force. So we cannot go there. A temple was there. There was nice panoramic view and playgrounds were there where guys were playing Hockey, Volleball. I thought that if this is coming under Archeological Survey of India then why it is not maitained and not published as a tourist place. But what I can do by only thinking, only I can do is put in blogs. We started from there around 5.00 PM towards Golden Temple (Sripuram). Seeing the crowd my wife told that we will not go inside because we do not know how my daughter will react to the crowd. I enquired and it shows that it will take nearly 3 hrs to have the darshan come back. Its already 6.00PM and I saw a counter written as Special Darshini Seva (100/-). I enquired about that and he told me that it will take 1 hr. I took 3 tickets and went inside. Truly you saved 2 hrs there because the crowd from main entrance to come the our entry gate it takes 2 hrs. 
Now the passage was same and we were going. In total we need to wald around 2 kms to return from darshan. In between around 6.30 PM we were stopped and not allowed to go forward. Tried to find out the reason and saw that they are taking down the Indian Tricolor and with due respect they are keeping it in a safe and sound place. After 15 mins we again start walking. There were few stops where you can buy Milk, Buiscuits. The lights are glown and to our surprise the Golden temple was looking like a heaven. I was feeling that I am walking towards heaven. We went inside the temple taking a complete round and nearly around 9.00 PM we came out from the temple (closing time). Luckly we have purchase the tickets which saved lot of our time and we concentrated our time on taking the photos in our eyes. Cameras/Mobile not allowed. 

If you want to feel the heaven visit this golden temple and try visiting in evening. The temple closes by 9.00 PM

I thought lets have our dinner inside the city and then start our journey. Around 11.00PM we started through NH 46 and NH7 (hosur road) and reached my home by 2.00 AM. 

While going distance covered 205.2 Km - Single Lane road (Average roads) - No tolls
While coming distance covered 235 km  - Double Lane road (Excellent roads) - Tolls to be paid

No comments:

Post a Comment